A little about me
- I teach high school physics at Menlo-Atherton High School in Atherton, CA.
- Before coming to SHCP, I taught two years Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory in San Francisco, CA, at ten years at Carondelet High School in Concord, CA, and nine years at Berkeley High School.
- I ran a web directory for Berkeley businesses, ShopInBerkeley.com, which provided free and low-cost web pages for Berkeley businesses. I started in 2000, but in 2009 I decided there were enough other directories out there that I could “retire” the site. There’s still a skeleton of the site, and I continue to work on “redirects” that take people to appropriate web pages instead of my missing pages.
- I live in the San Francisco, CA, but lived in Berkeley for most of my life. The Bay Area is definitely my home.
- I’ve had quite a few jobs (including managing food concessions at Super Bowl XIX, the World Cup, and the Olympics), and have been enjoying teaching since 1994.
- I manage a few web sites for local groups, including Berkeley Partners for Parks and the Berkeley Alumni Association (the public schools, not the university).
- I’m a WordPress convert: WordPress provides excellent back-end functionality for web sites, and these days it’s all I use for web site design. I’m humored that the initials for WordPress are the same as the word processor I still use: WordPerfect.
You may also have known me as Lee Amosslee. That was my married name in my first marriage.
You may also find me
- On Twitter: LeeTramp
- On Facebook, but I don’t use it that much.
- On Meetup.com, where I host a geology and natural science hiking group.
- On YouTube, where I post science education videos I create.
- On LinkedIn, although I also don’t use that much.