A little about me
- I teach high school physics at Menlo-Atherton High School in Atherton, CA.
- Before coming to MAHS, I taught two years Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory in San Francisco, CA, at ten years at Carondelet High School in Concord, CA, and nine years at Berkeley High School. My first year of teaching was at Tennyson High School in Hayward, CA.
- I ran a web directory for Berkeley businesses, ShopInBerkeley.com, which provided free and low-cost web pages for Berkeley businesses. I started in 2000, but in 2009 I decided there were enough other directories out there that I could “retire” the site. There’s still a skeleton of the site, and I continue to work on “redirects” that take people to appropriate web pages instead of my missing pages.
- I live in the San Francisco, CA, but lived in Berkeley for most of my life. The Bay Area is definitely my home.
- I’ve had quite a few jobs (including managing food concessions at Super Bowl XIX, the World Cup, and the Olympics), and have been enjoying teaching since 1994.
- I manage a few web sites for local groups, including Berkeley Partners for Parks and the Berkeley Alumni Association (the public schools, not the university).
- I’m a WordPress convert: WordPress provides excellent back-end functionality for web sites, and these days it’s all I use for web site design. I’m humored that the initials for WordPress are the same as the word processor I still use: WordPerfect.
You may also have known me as Lee Amosslee. That was my married name in my first marriage.
You may also find me
- On Twitter: LeeTramp
- On Facebook, but I don’t use it that much.
- On Meetup.com, where I host a geology and natural science hiking group.
- On YouTube, where I post science education videos I create.
- On LinkedIn, although I also don’t use that much.